Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Week One of the "No Shampoo" Experiment...




So, unfortunately week one of my no shampoo experiment pretty much failed....well, I guess it didn't completely fail, but still...

Day One: 
 I washed my hair with baking soda and rinsed it with apple cider vinegar. When I blow-dried my hair I was actually amazed at how clean it felt and how shiny it was. Mind you, it was a tad bit greasy but that is to be expected. So overall I was impressed after my first time of going "no shampoo".

Day Two:
Didn't shower that day. Was really impressed at how non-greasy my hair was. Still clean and manageable but I pulled it into a ponytail anyways to keep it out of my face.


Day Three:
Once again, I washed my hair with baking soda and rinsed with ACV. Still really impressed at how clean my hair was. However,  I accidentally used a little too much ACV and my hair had a slight smell to it, but that was easily fixed with a little bit of body spray ;)  I also noticed that my hair started going through the "transition" phase. While it was clean, you could tell it was slightly oily near the roots.

Day Four:
Okay this is where I failed...I was in such a rush that morning and I didn't have time to whip up some baking soda wash so I cheated and used shampoo...I know, I know. Terrible.  Funny thing was, when I stopped in at Lush that day to find a facial mask (my favourite is their cupcake mask! Works wonders!) the lady complimented me on how great my hair looked after going "no shampoo". I had to confess to her that I cheated that day and I used shampoo. Oops. She was pretty understanding though.

Day Five:
Didn't Shower. Although I was really surprised at how oily my hair was. With the baking soda wash my hair the next day still looked fresh, while today it looked and felt dirty.

Day Six:
Once again, I cheated and used shampoo. I really need to stick with the program!

Day Seven: 
I didn't wash my hair today. Although, I have concluded that when I use shampoo my hair gets oilier faster. It's really odd. So once I return from holidays, I am going back to my "no shampoo" experiment. I loved the results the two times I have used it and I am excited to see what my hair will be like when I no longer use shampoo at all. Maybe this time I can last longer than two days without using shampoo ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment