Pages

Friday, July 15, 2011

How I love Rain...

Okay, so by now most people here are sick of the rain. But to be honest, I absolutely love the rain. There is just something about the rain that brings a sense of newness, stillness and peace.  

Here are some reasons why I love the rain:
1. I love the sound of rain. Especially when I lived in the country and you could hear the quiet splashing of the rain in our nearby pond.
2. I love the sweet and refreshing smell that rain brings. Everything smells so new and clean.
3. I love the cozy, warm feeling that a rainy day can have. On a rainy day it seems like the perfect opportunity to curl up with a good book, a hot cup of tea, a fuzzy blanket and an overstuffed couch and read to my heart's content.
4. Puddle jumping. Enough said.
5. Dancing in the rain. When there is a good downpour there is nothing more freeing or fun for that matter, then racing outside in bare feet and jumping and skipping through the rain.
6. Everything is so lush and green after the rain stops. Rain brings new life.
7. The thunder and lightning that a rain storm can bring. There is nothing better than sitting in the living room and getting front row seats to the best light and sound show ever.


Trust me, I love my sunny days too. But to me there is nothing better than a rainy day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment