Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How He Loves...


I know that is this a very familiar and well known song. However, I don't think that we always fully grasp the profoundness of these lyrics.
When I first heard the version of this song on the documentary
"Nefarious: Merchant of Souls" I noticed that these children, these women and men who had been caught in the trap of human trafficking were the perfect example of the transformational love of Jesus.

Right then and there I was overcome with the realization of how much He really does love us. How much He loves the hurt, the broken and the lost.
How His heart aches over them. If I only felt even a little sliver of His heart that night, I can't imagine what it would be like to fully feel what Jesus feels.

Did you know that every 30 seconds a child is trafficked? That the average age of entry into commercial sex slavery in the United States is 13 years old?
That over 27 million people are enslaved around the world?  This is more than double the number of Africans enslaved during the Trans-Atlantic slave trade.


I was reminded on Sunday that this song for me is a promise. A promise of hope. Of restoration. Of destiny. And of a love so deep and so passionate that it reaches beyond all brokeness and transforms the very core of  our being.


I would encourage you to look into the issue of Human Trafficking and slavery. While it is a global issue, it also takes place right here in our own backyards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment