Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Getting Into The Swing of Things...

Wow! Okay, let me just catch my breath for a quick second. I don't think our team has stopped moving since we have arrived last Friday. However, it has been a great few days so far! This past week has included a lot of teaching and a lot of walking. I don't think we have been on any walk shorter than two hours. Though, it has been a blessing considering the AMAZING food we eat here. Seriously, if we didn't walk so much I swear we all would be 20 pounds heavier by the end of these 3 months.

We also had a a group of people from the EFC (evangelical fellowship of Canada, http://www.evangelicalfellowship.ca/) here for the past few days, so needless to say the house has been very full and very busy. On Monday we had orientation, which included a how-to lesson on how to fold a fitted sheet. I am picking up some great future home-making skills here! Haha. We also did a prayer walk up and around the Parliament grounds and down to the main office building of the EFC (where I may be 'interning').

Today and Tuesday, have been filled with lots of teaching, ranging from "why we need to be bold' to "praying for government". While it has been a lot of information it has been good. Thankfully they give us a good chunk of time to process everything.  We were able to have some down time this afternoon, and a bunch of us headed up to the Rideu Center where we did a little window shopping.

Well, that's it for now and I am off to go take those pictures I promised now that I have some spare time :)

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blogs!!! Keep writing as you have a gift and are very articulate. I feel like I am there with you.

    So excited for you... I know I haven't said this like a million times.. but I really am!!!

    ReplyDelete