Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Byward and Beyond...

So I finally have a few spare moments to actually sit down and write. How do I process and write about 2 weeks worth of information and adventures into a few short sentences? While there is so much to tell and so much to write about, I think I will just stick to the basics so I don't bore you. :)  

Last week was jammed packed between a mix of going to question period, Parliament re-opening and joining a group from Langley BC activities.  But in between the chaoticness of the house, we were able to get in some few teachings and down time.  

I think my favourite part of having some time off, is that I get to head down York Street and into the Byward Market area and beyond. I am in love with the people, the sights, the sounds. I love the smell of fresh veggies and garlic wafting from the stands and listening to the sellers bargain with their buyers. The colours of fall are starting to peak through the changing leaves and many of the stands are selling pumkins and gourds. However, what I love most is the melodic and majestic sound of the peace tower clock and how it rings throughout all of the downtown area. I already know I will be spending lots of time here.

We are finally getting into a rhythm and a routine here at the house. It has been a great blessing with the fact that all of us interns mesh so well together and can share our hearts and emotions so openly. The stretching process has already begun both spirtually and emotionally (and sometimes physically) but I read somewhere once that "If you are being stretched in this season your like a rock in a sling shot. Just embrace it". So, I am learning to embrace this stretching process as well as learning to live each moment boldly and to the fullest.

Well, I am off to help with dinner, but I will write in my intern section, hopefully later tonight.

East Block during sunrise


We have come to that day where you come down dressed
in the same coloured shirts.

Parliament at sunrise during my 6:30 am walks

No comments:

Post a Comment