Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

For Such a Time As This...

So I have finally arrived safe and sound in my "home away from home" Ottawa. It's funny because I told my mom before I left that it feels like I am leaving home to go home. Wierd,  I know.  Thankfully there were no crazy mishaps this time and I actually got off the plane on time.

Once I reached the National House of Prayer, I was able to meet all the other interns. There are 6 other lovely ladies, all ranging from ages 18-30 and I am excited to get to know them all. The one guy who applied for the program had to drop out. I am also rooming with two other women, and in my opinion we have the best room (we have a sink!). Haha.

Once we all ate dinner, we had a quick meeting to introduce ourselves, play a few games to "break the ice" and learn the history of NHOP. Even just listening to what we are going to be doing over the next few months and how NHOP came to be, it has gotten me so excited for this journey that I am on. Even as we were praying I knew God has placed me here for such a time as this. 

I am excited to grow and learn, to push myself beyond my limits, build relationships and live this adventure and this journey to the fullest. I know it's gonna be good and I won't be the same when I return home.

However, I should finish unpacking and getting settled into my room. I'll post pictures soon! I promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment